[PyQt] QtSql issue

Filip Gruszczyński gruszczy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 15:31:02 GMT 2009

Probably you haven't installed qt modules and PyQt can't find them. At
least I encountered such problem recently, when tried to import
phonon. I had PyQt installed with qt-core and qt-gui modules from qt,
but not phonon. I don't how it exactly works on ubuntu, but on gentoo
I simply had to install phonon (in your case qt-sql I guess) and then
reinstall PyQt (it had to be recompiled).

2009/1/7 Brian Makin <merimus at gmail.com>:
> I've just installed pyqt on an ubuntu box and many of the examples work
> fine.
> When I try to run the sql examples I get the following error.
>
> python -c "from PyQt4 import QtSql"
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: cannot import name QtSql
>
> using QtCore or QtGui works just fine.
> I've also attached some debugging output.
>
> Anyone have a suggestion?

Filip Gruszczyński