[PyQt] QMovie not loading gif from resource after py2exe

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 23:08:17 GMT 2009

I'm starting here as someone may be able to suggest something as it seems weird.

I have a .py generated from a .qrc.

I have several QActions which load PNGs successfully from my
resources.py just fine. My .ui was done using Qt Designer.

After py2exe, app seems to work just fine, including icons for the
QActions (I have them on a toolbar). Except my dynamically loaded .gif
no longer works.

I am loading the gif into a QMovie in my __init__()

self.movie = QtGui.QMovie(':/images/images/loader.gif')

and attaching it to QLabels later on. That works fine pre py2exe, but
not so much post py2exe.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix, or at least troubleshoot this.

Also, how do you guys ship your .ui files?

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )