[PyQt] Any Large PyQt Projects?

Brent Villalobos Brent.Villalobos at pdi.dreamworks.com
Thu Feb 19 22:33:57 GMT 2009

I'm looking for examples from people who have written large PyQt
applications and I would like to hear your opinions on what worked well
and what did not specifically with choosing python over C/C++.  In
particular, how does your python application handle tasks that require a
lot of computation?  How does it handle multiple thread performance
given python's limitations on only running on one CPU (global
interpreter lock)?  I don't need too much detail (obviously nothing
proprietary), but I just want to know if anyone has any "red flags" that
people should be aware of before writing a large python gui app with
things like openGL contexts and heavy mathematical computation?

Let's make this interesting and see who has written the largest PyQt
application.  How many lines of code are we talking about?  10,000?
100,000? 1,000,000!!!!???
-Brent