[PyQt] i18n

Kovid Goyal kovid at kovidgoyal.net
Thu Feb 12 02:26:42 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 17:41:46 Doug Bell wrote:
> Kovid Goyal wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 February 2009 12:06:13 Doug Bell wrote:
> > > I like that idea in general, but how do you deal with translations of
> > > strings that are internal to Qt (in file dialogs, etc.)?
> >
> > Qt provides .mo files with translations of all the internal strings. Just
> > add them to your app in your build script.
>
> Am I missing something here?  I can see how that would get the Qt
> internal strings into the gettext translation files, but how do you get
> Qt's file dialog to use the gettext translation function rather than the
> Qt one?

You activate the file for the Qt translation system as well as the python
translation system.

Kovid.

--

Kovid Goyal  MC 452-48
California Institute of Technology
1200 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91125

cell  : +01 626 390 8699
office: +01 626 395 6595 (449 Lauritsen)
email : kovid at theory.caltech.edu
web   : http://www.kovidgoyal.net