[PyQt] LGPL license.

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 03:44:12 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Brian Kelley <kelley at eyesopen.com> wrote:

I too was going to keep quiet based on the previously thread we had
seemingly spontaneously agreed to hush up and wait. But since someone
has already broken that little agreement, and this is an archived list
I would like to take the time to agree with you.

> Nokia realizes that PyQt is indispensible to KDE and pays Phil to keep up
> support.  (I can dream, can't I?)

This is my ideal situation. Nokia's plan for Qt as a tooklit is for
'Qt Every where" I do not see how they can do that without active
Python support. It seems like at least a necessary business decision
to have the primary driver behind PyQt onboard for the future. I am
pretty sold on Python and on Qt, so this would benefit me
tremendously.

And I empahisze with Jim and having to deal with whinners. They get
into every open source project and drain the lead developers of their
drive -- it's pretty unfortunate. I hope Jim does what is best for
him, as much as I would like an LGPL PyQt at some point soon.

> Anyway, I appreciate Phil's effort, and as long as I get new versions of
> PyQt I'll be happy whatever he chooses.

I wouldn't even ask that much of him as I feel that he owes me nothing.

Peace.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )