[PyQt] PyQt for 64-bit Python on Windows

Dave Doty ddoty at iastate.edu
Tue Feb 10 22:45:45 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com>wrote:

> > make[1]: Entering directory
> > `/cygdrive/c/Users/ddoty/Downloads/python/sip-4.7.9/siplib'
> > gcc -c -O2 -w -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -I.
> > -Ic:\programs\Python26\include -o siplib.o siplib.c
> > siplib.c:16:20: Python.h: No such file or directory
>
> That would appear to be the first problem to solve - your Python
> installation doesn't appear to be complete.
>
> Phil

The file c:\programs\Python26\include\Python.h does exist, with read
permissions enabled, so I assumed that the inability to find it was either
an error in the build scripts, or my own misunderstanding of how to use
them. In either case, a pre-compiled binary distribution of PyQt for Windows
running 64-bit Python would allow me to skip all this. Is there such a
package?
Is it necessary to get one if I cannot build PyQt (or SIP) on my own? Or
should it be possible to use this distribution:

http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Downloads/PyQt4/PyQt-Py2.6-gpl-4.4.4-2.exe

with 64-bit Python 2.6.1, through some other configuration trick?

Thank you,
Dave