[PyQt] Error: Can't Import Anything

Chris Giles chris.g.27 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 21:14:34 GMT 2009

> I lodged the following bug report and additional comment earlier:
>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13133
>>
>> Does anyone know what I must do to make PyQt4 work with Python v2.6
>> instead of Python v2.5?
>>

> Just recompile it.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm surprised that you thought I was too stupid to
recompile PyQt.  Here's the 'build' function that might need tweaking:

build() {
    cd ${startdir}/src/${realname}-x11-gpl-${pkgver}-snapshot-${pkgdate}
    #cd ${startdir}/src/${realname}-x11-gpl-${pkgver}

    # Build
    echo yes | python configure.py -b /usr/bin \
    -d /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages \
    -v /usr/share/sip
    make || return 1
    make DESTDIR=${startdir}/pkg install
}

Since we've established that recompiling PyQt using Python v2.6 doesn't fix
the problem, what shall I try next?