[PyQt] PyQt4 - examples/designer/plugins/plugins.py: Can not see " PyQt Examples" group when qt4 designer comes up

Mark Floyd mfloyd at evryx.com
Tue Dec 15 02:40:58 GMT 2009

I'm a bit perplexed with this problem.  Something in qt4 designer is
silently failing to load the example plugins (qt4 designer does not report
any errors, and there are no errors reported in the "About Plugins"
window).  I am doing nothing more than the following:

cd /temp/PyQt-x11-commercial-4.6.1/examples/designer/plugins
/path/to/python-2.5.1/bin/python plugins.py

When I look under "About Plugins", I see libpythonplugin.so, but no custom
plugins.  This is from a Redhat RHEL4 environment with a personal build of
Qt 4.5.2 (-release build) and PyQt 4.6.1.  Any help on where to start
looking for the source of the failed example plugin loads would be most
appreciated.  I've been digging into the problem off and on for the past few
weeks and haven't found any leads.  The silent failure is really
complicating things.

- Mark