[PyQt] Processing program generated signals...

python.noob jebagnanadas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 17:03:04 GMT 2009

Hello all,
I want the changeEvent()(below function)to be called when i press the
close() button and i want the window to be minimized first and then it to be
hidden for programming purposes...
def changeEvent(self,event):
        if(event.type()==QtCore.QEvent.WindowStateChange):
            if self.isMinimized():
                print("In minimized")
                self.hide()
I know, For this to be accomplished i have to reimplement the close event..
so i written the code below
def closeEvent(self,event):
        self.showMinimized()
        event.ignore()
I called showminimized() here coz. i thought that it would implicitly call
the changeEvent() and the rest.. But that didn't happen.. what should i do
to implicitly call the changeEvent() from closeEvent().. Your suggestions
are most welcomed.. Thanks..