[PyQt] PyQt Licensing Issue

Prashant Saxena animator333 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 18:40:25 GMT 2009

Thanks for your kind reply.

My application is purely python+PyQt
based. I can buy a PyQt commercial license and release the application
on all platforms supported by PyQt. Releasing mean  the .pyc files plus
necessary PyQt files(.lib,.dll,.so etc.) required. AFAIK this would do
the job. Correct me If I am wrong.

Just now I have finished some
tests where I compiled .py files using cython+gcc(pure python mode) on
XP 32. All of these .py files has PyQt imports. When I replace .pyc
files with .pyd files, application crashes. I am still investigating
for the cause but I am not so good in c/c++ stuff. I already posted a
new topic about this problem but haven't got any reply so far.

Up
to here I am not at all touching Qt but if in case this compiling stuff
need some thing from Qt in order to make my PyQt app error free, then
it would be a problem.

Prashant