[PyQt] sip-4.10-snapshot-20091204 and va_copy

Aron Bierbaum aronbierbaum at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 16:06:51 GMT 2009

While trying to compile that latest PyQt snapshot with MSVC 9.0 I get
the following error. After a quick Google search it seems that VC++
might not  implement va_copy. With that said though have no idea why
it is succeeding at building and failing at link time. Does anyone
have any suggestions on how to work around this build issue? For now I
have replaced the uses of va_copy with (*(va) = *(va_orig)); I don't
know if this will work and is probably not the correct solution, but I
will try it for now.

Thanks,
Aron

        link /NOLOGO /DLL /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:sip.pyd.manifest
/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /INCREMENTAL:N
O /OUT:sip.pyd @C:\DOCUME~1\ARONB~1.PRI\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm16F.tmp
   Creating library sip.lib and object sip.exp
siplib.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _va_copy
referenced in function _parseKwdArgs

sip.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals