[PyQt] problems with PyQt book custom view examples [Win7]

Mark Summerfield list at qtrac.plus.com
Tue Dec 8 11:48:17 GMT 2009

On 2009-12-08, Romi Agar wrote:
> For example chapter 6: imagechanger_ans.pyw. It remebers the window size
>  and log window position, but not the last accessed images.
> I think that this has something to do with using QStrings.
> I just tested the chapter 16 carhirelog.pyw example. By default it does
not
> show the content of License, Customer and Notes columns. But what do they
> have in common? In CarHireLog class, they are all stored as QStrings.
> Removing the conversion to QString from the initializer and voilaa - it
> works. Maybe the recent files problem comes also from QString usage or
> QStringList conversion - haven't tested yet.

Ah, okay, it sounds like you're on the right track. Maybe your PyQt is
using API 2 rather than API 1---all the examples only work for API 1
(which was the only API that existed when the book was written). But API
2 is not supposed to be the default for Python 2 and you say you're
using Python 2.6...

> 2009/12/8 Mark Summerfield <list at qtrac.plus.com>
>
> > On 2009-12-08, Romi Agar wrote:
> > > Everything else seems to be working apart from the little bug with
> > > saving application settings to Windows registry. It does "remember"
> > > the application size and position, but recently used files do not get
> > > loaded when the program is relaunched. I checked, that recently used
> > > program data gets written to the registry (at least some kind of byte
> > > array) on application termination, but somewhere in the application

> > 7

> > really

> > --
> > Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
> >    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy
> >        "Advanced Qt Programming" - ISBN 0321635906

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy
        "Programming in Python 3 (Second Edition)" - ISBN 0321680561