[PyQt] QtNetwork not working after update to PyQt 4.5.4

Brian Zambrano brianz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 20:16:05 BST 2009

This is a curious issue....I have two Macs, both of which I've upgradef from
PyQt 4.5.1 to 4.5.4.  Running my application on my MacMini was just fine
this morning.  Just now, I fired up the exact same code on the MacBook Pro
for the first time after the PyQt update and the QtNetwork calls seem to
have just died.

The behavior that I'm seeing is the QNetworkReply get request isn't firing
at all.  I'm connecting to localhost, and I can see that no request is being
made.  The spot this is occuring is here:

            mgr = QNetworkAccessManager(self.__parent)
            mgr.connect(mgr, SIGNAL('finished(QNetworkReply*)'),
                    self.auth_request_finished)
            qurl = QUrl('http://localhost:8000/authenticate/')
            qurl.addQueryItem('username', user)
            qurl.addQueryItem('passwd', passwd)
            mgr.get(QNetworkRequest(qurl))

It gets through this code block just fine, but the GET request isn't being
made.  Any insights or hot spots I can dig in to?

BZ