[PyQt] Collapse/expand frame

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Aug 13 20:46:49 BST 2009

Am Donnerstag, 13. August 2009 schrieb Scott Ballard:
> I'm really looking for a frame that has the collapse/expand ability
> built into it. See the image in the link. You can see the Texture Map
> submenu  collapsed/expanded. Any thoughts?
>
> www.scottballard.net/collapsibleFrame.jpg

I see - why don't you BYO. This kind of widget is uncommon, and thus the
reason not being available already.

But it's pretty easy to combine basic widgets to a composite one. And due to
Qts powerful layout machinery, you mostly don't need to care about the
implicit widget resize.

Custom composite widgets have some pitfalls in the details, but just start
over, we will help you getting through.

Pete