[PyQt] inheriting from QObject and dbus.service.Object

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Wed Aug 12 09:05:26 BST 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 09:21:37AM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 07:54:35 +0200, Marcos Dione <mdione at grulic.org.ar>
> wrote:
> > In [8]: class A (dbus.service.Object, QObject): pass
> > TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
> >     metaclass conflict: the metaclass of a derived class must be a
> >     (non-strict)
> >     subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases
> >
> >     is it possible to inherit from both? or will I have to make another
> >     class
> > for this?
>
> You can't inherit from both for the reason given. I don't know enough about
> DBus to know what the best solution is.

    ok, let me put it this way. does PyQt build any metaclass for the QObject
class or any other class which it might inherit from? I tried to figure this
out from the source but between sip and the generated code they managed to
confuse me enough to ask for help :) if not, I'll try to play with it a little
more, and if i fail, just create another class as a wrapper.