[PyQt] Signal problem with latest PyQt snapshot

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Apr 12 17:47:23 BST 2009

Hi,

I am observing an unlimited recursion problem in some eric4 code. In the
ViewManager I am connecting to a signal sent by the editor with this code

    self.connect(editor, SIGNAL('bookmarkToggled'), self.__bookmarkToggled)

In the method __bookmarkToggled I am doing some things and reemit the signal
with this line

    self.emit(SIGNAL('bookmarkToggled'), editor)

This seems to go into an infinite recursion because I get this error

RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

The same code works fine with latest stable versions. Unfortunately I am not
able to provide a little script showing the problem.

The same happens in a bunch of other places as well.

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach