[PyQt] QAbstractItemModel modelAboutToBeReset signal

Patrick Boucher pboucher at patrickboucher.com
Wed Apr 8 16:55:39 BST 2009

Hi all,

I've subclassed QAbstractItemModel and overloaded reset to be:

    def reset(self):
        self.modelAboutToBeReset.emit()
        self._loadPeople()
        self.modelReset.emit()

and I get errors pertaining to missing attributes modelAboutToBeReset
and modelReset. Do I have something wrong with the new syntax for
emitting signals or is this a known thing or a bug? I'm using latest
snapshots of sip and pyqt.

The pre-4.5 version of the code works fine:

    def reset(self):
        self.emit(QtCore.SIGNAL('modelAboutToBeReset()'))
        self._loadPeople()
        self.emit(QtCore.SIGNAL('modelReset()'))

Many thanks,
Patrick