[PyQt] advanced pyqt4 tutorial/sample

Rance Hall ranceh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:32:57 BST 2008

I need some help finding a good sample app/tutorial with open source
code so that I can study how to do some of the more advanced gui
features.

Im a techie by profession so the concepts arent new to me, but the
syntax is and im stuck in how to mix some of the concepts correctly

heres an example of features I am looking for:

a gui with multiple window "panes" where each "pane" is a different
process/thread

(the eric4 ide does this, but I havent found in the eric4 code yet
where this is managed)

how to setup the gui layout via code rather than QtDesigner.
QtDesigner is nice, but due to the database driven nature of the app
(eg. user configurable options like which "panes" to show, and
location options like left or right side) the entire code needs to be
"on the fly" rather than a static QtDesigner class

Id really appreciate help/pointer in the right direction please