[PyQt] [PYKDE4]Using existing KPart widget

Luca Ferrari luka4e at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 22:58:43 BST 2008

Hi all!

I've this problem, I would like to create a widget that can preview
all type of files using KPart in PyKDE4.

Here http://api.kde.org/4.1-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kparts/html/index.html
I've found this:

For a complete, and very simple, example of how to use KParts to
display any kind of file (i.e. making a generic viewer), see the
documentation for
KParts::ComponentFactory::createPartInstanceFromQuery.

I searched for hours but I don't know how to create the preview
widget, because in PyKDE4
KParts::ComponentFactory::createPartInstanceFromQuery doesn't exist...

Maybe I have to use KService or KPluginFactory.... please help me
because I really needs your help.

Thanks, PyQt4 and PyKDE4 are really great!

Luca