[PyQt] max texture size for QGLWidget.bindTexture?

Brian Parma freecode at cox.net
Tue Sep 2 20:49:54 BST 2008

I've noticed that If I try to use bindTexture on QPixmaps that are large
(the size of the screen), and then display them on a quad, only a
portion of the texture actually shows.  The rest of the surface is
either black or a scrambled jumble of other textures.  If I use a
smaller image there is no problem, but I can't find any references to a
max texture size in the documentation.  I tried increasing the texture
cache size but that had no effect.  Is there a limit on texture size,
and if so, how do you determine it?