[PyQt] Newbie question: tr() or QApplication.translate() ?

Gustavo A. Díaz gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:46:54 GMT 2008

Hi guys,

This maybe is a newbie question, but reading the docs I am not sure whats
the difference or what is more appropriate to use when translating strings
inside my App.
So far, i was using QApplication.translate() but its arguments are too long
and sometimes I have very big strings which takes more than one line in my
code.
So, i wonder if I could use the tr() method for translating strings?
My app has languages like from English to Spanish as well.

Thanks.

Cheers.

--
Gustavo A. Díaz