[PyQt] Re: Re: PyQt menu and tool tip font

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Sun Oct 26 18:54:16 GMT 2008

* Baz Walter (Sat, 25 Oct 2008 19:22:14 +0100)
> Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> > I've also tried changing the font with qtconfig. There I have DejaVu
> > Sans 12 (which I probably set in the KDE Control Center). Changing
> > that also doesn't make a difference with PyQt applications.
>
> i've just tried changing the font size in qtconfig whilst i have a
> pyqt app running behind it. when i click 'save' in the file menu, the
> font size changes immediately in the qtconfig gui, and then also
> changes in the pyqt app.
>
> are you sure your changes are being saved?

Okay, the mystery is solved: I had Qt and PyQt4 without qt3support[1].

Thus I had a /usr/qt/3/bin/qtconfig but not a /usr/bin/qtconfig. The
qtconfig in /usr/qt/3/bin has no influence on Qt4/PyQt4 applications and
so the font size defaulted to Sans Serif 9 (which is way to small).

I re-emerged qt and PyQt4, ran the new qtconfig and was able to change
the font size without problems.

Thorsten
[1] http://gentoo-portage.com/Search?search=&use=qt3support