[PyQt] QProcess terminates if a daemon is executed

Fatih Arslan fatih at arsln.org
Sun Oct 26 13:32:13 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm developing a new tray-application which will be used for the
Web-service "Dropbox". They have a daemon who is responsible for the
syncing of files.
This daemon is located in ~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd. Now if i start
this process like this:

self.process = QProcess()
self.dropBoxDaemon = os.path.join(os.path.expanduser("~"),
".dropbox-dist/dropboxd")
self.process.start(self.dropBoxDaemon)

My app terminates and i get the error "Command terminated". Where am i
doing false ? I think because it's a daemon it causes it to terminate.
I've searched for examples how to start a "daemon" process, but
without any results.

Regards

--
Fatih ARSLAN