[PyQt] Issues with PyQt and xmlrpclib

D. Can Celasun dcelasun at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 09:03:11 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm using this wordpress library for Python (
http://www.blackbirdblog.it/programmazione/progetti/28#english). When I use
it through the Python shell, or any other program, it runs just fine.
However when I use it through the GUI I've prepared it gives the following
error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "project.py", line 230, in postWordpress
    wp = wordpresslib.WordPressClient(wordpress, username, password)
  File "/home/dcelasun/pyqt/proje/wordpresslib.py", line 129, in __init__
    self._server = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy(self.url)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/xmlrpclib.py", line 1409, in __init__
    type, uri = urllib.splittype(uri)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/urllib.py", line 1023, in splittype
    match = _typeprog.match(url)
TypeError: buffer size mismatch

I've googled for quite some time but couldn't find anything. Here's the
function that does the actual work. Again, the following works in the shell,
but gives the above error with PyQt

    def postWordpress(self):
        wordpress = ui.lineEdit.text()
        username = ui.lineEdit_2.text()
        password = ui.lineEdit_3.text()

        post_title = ui.lineEdit_4.text()
        post_body = ui.textEdit.toPlainText()

        # prepare client object
        wp = wordpresslib.WordPressClient(wordpress, username, password)

        # select blog id
        wp.selectBlog(0)

        # create post object
        post = wordpresslib.WordPressPost()
        post.title = post_title
        post.description = post_body

        # publish post
        idNewPost = wp.newPost(post, True)
        ui.label_12.setText("Your post is successfully published!")

What do you think is wrong?

Thanks,
Can