[PyQt] jpeg plugin not loading

Doug Bell dougb at bellz.org
Thu Oct 16 13:02:11 BST 2008

Hi,

The plugin for jpeg image support is not loading on my windows
installation of PyQt (from the 4.4.3-1 binary installer).  Jpeg images
don't show up in a QTextBrowser and jpeg isn't listed as one of the
supported formats in QImageReader.supportedImageFormats().

This works fine on Linux and on someone else's windows installation, but
not on mine.  I'm not sure whether it matters, but I don't have an
administrator login to the only windows PC that I have access to.  Does
the PyQt install fail to properly setup plugins if installed as a
regular user?

Do I need to complie Qt and PyQt from source to get this to work?

Thanks,
Doug.