[PyQt] design flaw in python khtml DOM bindings

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Oct 15 00:41:04 BST 2008

On Tue Oct 14 23:34:29 BST 2008, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2008 14:21, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > i cannot express enough how much _not_ fixing this makes khtml
> > completely unusable.
>
> There were DOM applications written for PyKDE3, which also didn't do any
> promotion of factory-generated DOM::Node objects, and nobody indicated it
> was a problem there. Which is why it was never checked.

I don't think it was a problem in PyKDE3. At least, I don't remember running
into any issues with casting - not with the DOM classes anyway. My brother
wrote some convenience wrappers around the KHTML DOM, so I think I would have
heard something if it had been broken.

Maybe it was broken, but just wasn't an issue.

David