[PyQt] QDesktopServices::setUrlHandler does not have the right types

Erick Tryzelaar idadesub at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 10 10:32:23 BST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:56 AM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
> No. I don't see the point.

More of a consistency with the other handlers. There's also being able
to put things in the QT mailboxes as well. If I understand pyqt4's
QThreads, if you pass a function created in the main thread to a
QThread, then calling that function calls the function in the
QThread's context. However, sometimes we want to send the results
across the boundary to the main thread's mailbox to be dealt with
later. Or does pyqt4 do this automatically for us?

Also if this is useful for pyqt4, it could be nice if we could do away
with the Q_ARGs, as I think pyqt4 could introspect the types for us.
Not sure how it'd deal with the return type though.