[PyQt] Compiling PyQt and sip with Visual Studio 2008

Juan Pablo Romero Méndez jpablo.romero at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 06:35:24 BST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to compile sip-4.7.7 and PyQt-4.4.3 with Visual Studio
2008, but ran into some problems.

This is what I did (with sip):

python configure.py

next, as make is missing on windows, I tried with "nmake". It seemed to work.

Upon importing sip, there was an error message about missing MSVCR90.dll.

This library was found on this directory:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT

I copied it to C:\Python25

Now the error is:
Runtime Error!
Program C:\Python25\python.exe
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly,
Please contact the application's support team for more information

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but so far I've been unable to
find more information.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

  Juan Pablo