[PyQt] QVariant broken?

Arve Knudsen arve.knudsen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:13:11 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:57:47 +0100, "Arve Knudsen" <arve.knudsen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> What's happened to QVariant? Apparently it now interprets integer
>> arguments to its constructor as type specifiers.
>
> Can you provide a test case.
>
> You would get that behaviour if you were using the latest SIP and an older
> PyQt.

Ah thanks, I see now I forgot to update my environment wrt. to the new
PyQt :/ I think you need to fix your QVariant documentation though?
The way I interpret it, the last __init__ variant which accepts an
"object" is the general variant, which handles e.g. integers. Its
documentation says, however, that it "constructs a new variant with an
unsigned long long integer value".

Sorry for the noise,
Arve