[PyQt] fn+f1 keypress detection

Oguz Yarimtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:09:08 GMT 2008

Hi all,

At my pyqt4 GUI i developed an on screen display to show wireless status
each time the Fn+F1 is pressed. At my laptop Fn+F1 was not working
before, and i saw the setkeycodes somehexadecimalnumber <keycode>
message at the syslog output. So i assigned a keycode then i checked the
xev output to see the keycode at the X environment. Then i assigned a
keysysm to it by creating an Xmodmap and then edited the gconf-settings
and assign a script to this keypress. After all when i pressed Fn+F1 my
script is working. But at my GUI i was not able to detect the event for
Fn+F1 key presses. Any idea how can i detect it from Qt4? Indeed none of
my hotkeys are being detected by the keyPressEvent except for the
brightness up and down. But i am able to detect other keypresses like
shift and aphabets.

I am using Ubuntu Hardy with a Gnome desktop environment.

Thanx.