[PyQt] RE: problem building PyQt 4.4.4 on OS-X

Simon Knowles simon at IceraSemi.com
Thu Nov 13 22:46:26 GMT 2008

Firstly, apologies if this reflects my lack of unix expertise -- I'm no
guru -- but I did succeed with an earlier PyQt build and I'm generally
attentive to instructions...

I have installed python, Qt, and Sip -- python and Qt demos work OK --
but you can see from the terminal snippet below that I have a problem
building PyQt (unpacking the tar from the same place and performing the
same sequence of configure, make, make install).  It seems that
configure.py correctly finds header files in
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/include but the subsequent make (executed
from the same place as the configure) can't find them.

Any assistance much appreciated.

S.

--

Simon Knowles

log snippet...

Unknown-00-23-6c-82-52-d7:PyQt-mac-gpl-4.4.4 simon$ python configure.py

Determining the layout of your Qt installation...

This is the GPL version of PyQt 4.4.4 (licensed under the GNU General
Public

License) for Python 2.5.1 on darwin.

Type '2' to view the GPL v2 license.

Type '3' to view the GPL v3 license.

Type 'yes' to accept the terms of the license.

Type 'no' to decline the terms of the license.

Do you accept the terms of the license? yes

Checking to see if the QtGui module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtHelp module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtNetwork module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtOpenGL module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtScript module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtSql module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtSvg module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtTest module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtWebKit module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtXml module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtXmlPatterns module should be built...

Checking to see if the phonon module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtAssistant module should be built...

Checking to see if the QtDesigner module should be built...

Qt v4.4.3 free edition is being used.

Qt is built as a framework.

SIP 4.7.8 is being used.

The Qt header files are in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/include.

The shared Qt libraries are in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/lib.

The Qt binaries are in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/bin.

The Qt mkspecs directory is in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3.

These PyQt modules will be built: QtCore.

The PyQt Python package will be installed in
/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages.

The Designer plugin will be installed in

/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/plugins/designer.

The PyQt .sip files will be installed in

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/share/sip/PyQt4
.

pyuic4, pyrcc4 and pylupdate4 will be installed in

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin.

Generating the C++ source for the QtCore module...

Creating the Makefile for the QtCore module...

Generating the C++ source for the Qt module...

Creating the Makefile for the Qt module...

Creating QScintilla API file...

Creating top level Makefile...

Creating QPy libraries Makefile...

Creating pyuic4 wrapper...

Creating pyuic4 Makefile...

pylupdate4 and pyrcc4 will not be built because the Qt XML module is
missing.

Creating pyqtconfig.py...

Unknown-00-23-6c-82-52-d7:PyQt-mac-gpl-4.4.4 simon$ make

make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

g++ -c -pipe -fPIC -Os -Wall -W -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_CORE_LIB -I.
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/pytho
n2.5 -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/mkspecs/default
-I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers
-I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/include
-F/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/lib -o sipQtCorecmodule.o
sipQtCorecmodule.cpp

In file included from sipQtCorecmodule.cpp:39:

sipAPIQtCore.h:45:21: error: QMetaType: No such file or directory

sip/QtCore/qobject.sip:635:25: error: qobjectdefs.h: No such file or
directory

sip/QtCore/qobject.sip:643:19: error: qpair.h: No such file or directory

(...etc)

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s)
named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should
not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a
named recipient, please contact the sender by telephone (+44-1454-284800)
and destroy the original message.
Any statement and/or opinion not related to this company's business and
expressed in this message is that of the author and does not necessarily
reflect those of Icera. This company does not take any responsibility
for the views of the author in any matter not related to the
company's objective.