[PyQt] Re: SQLite commit success, but data isn't modified

Alessandro Re akirosspower at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:28:50 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Alessandro Re <akirosspower at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to using QSqlTableModel on a SQLite database.
> Following the Qt Cached Table Example, I did a simple program (see below):
> pressing a button should commit table's changes to the database.
> But pressing it, the table return to original data, even if the
> submitAll() method return true.

Talking with David Boddie, something else came up: if you insert a row
leaving some null values,
is it impossible to change the value later.

He suggested me that this could be this bug:
http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=189093

As a workaround you can set a default value in the SQLite schema,
of course this may be problematic if your code relies on NULL values.

Thanks David.
--
~Ale