[PyQt] Bug QWebView: vanishing cursor in forms containing input text and select fields.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 10 13:24:22 GMT 2008

On 10.11.08 12:07:13, sascha.teichmann at intevation.de wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> When using QWebView to display an HTML page
> with a form containing <input type="text">/<textarea>
> in combination with <select> fields the cursor caret
> in the text fields vanishes under following use case:
>
> 1 - Enter some text in a text field
> 2 - Click on the select and choose an option
> 3 - Click back into a text field

You should send a bugreport to Qt Software
(http://trolltech.com/bugreport-form), its noy specific to PyQt and can be
reproduced with the below sample code in C++:

#include <QtGui>
#include <QWebView>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
    QApplication app(argc,argv);
    QWebView* view = new QWebView;
    view->setHtml("<html>"
"<body>"
"<formmethod='get'name='my-form'id='my-form'>"
"<inputname='a'id='a'type='text'value=''size='10'>"
"<br>"
"<selectname='b'id='b'>"
"<optionvalue='1'>First</option>"
"<optionvalue='2'>Second</option>"
"</select>"
"<br>"
"</form>"
"</body>"
"</html>");
    view->show();
    return app.exec();

}

Andreas

--
Chicken Little only has to be right once.