[PyQt] Re: PyQt 4.4.2 GPL installer / missing DLL

Pierre Raybaut contact at pythonxy.com
Mon May 26 17:17:56 BST 2008

2008/5/26 Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>:

> On Monday 26 May 2008 1:30:07 pm Pierre Raybaut wrote:
> > Hi Phil,
> >
> > I did some tests, and apparently when files located in
> > "C:\Python25\PyQt4\bin" are all moved in "C:\Python25", everything is
> > working well without adding any directory to PATH, and it does not depend
> > on the Python root path (which default value is "C:\Python25", but I
> tried
> > to change it, and it seems to be working as well).
> >
> > So... you may expect my question: could you implement this in PyQt GPL
> > installer? (or is there another issue which I am not aware of?)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Pierre
> >
> > PS: in the meantime, my installer will manage this itself, but I'd be
> more
> > than happy to run silently your installer...
>
> If moving everything to C:\Python25 works then that directory must already
> be
> in PATH. I don't know what you mean by "changing the Python root path".
>
> Phil

Damn, you're good ;) It was already in PATH indeed.
And how about moving everything to C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4 ?
(I've already tested it, it seems to be working too).

By changing the Python root path, I was referring to one of your comment
regarding the old PyQt installer (you wrote that it was buggy depending on
the installation directory or something like that).

Pierre