[PyQt] No feedback on failed signal connection

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sat May 24 11:14:23 BST 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:

> If you specify a signal that it not a Qt signal then it is assumed that you
> are using a Python signal. Python signals are created on the fly, and the
> connect() will succeed.

Fair enough. Is there a way to get some warning about this (esp when
connecting directly to c++ classes), for the benefit of pyqt
beginners?

To get back to the original problem, it seems I can't get any signal
from QListView to work: clicked, doubleClicked, selectionChanged, you
name it. I even tried connecting signals with qt designer, but those
are not emitted either.