[PyQt] PyQt backward compatiblity

Jul j.vienne at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:41:20 BST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to install the last PyQt release (4.4.2) from sources over an
older Qt version (4.2.1). My Qt version is provided by standard CentOS
distribution, and I would prefer not reinstalling it from sources. When I
compile PyQt, it fails miserably saying 'qgraphicswidget.h' does not exist,
which isn't really a surprise as this feature appeared in Qt 4.4.
So,  is PyQt4.4 can compatible with Qt4.2 ? If not, is there and older
'tar.gz'  compatible I could get somewhere ?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
++
Jul.