[PyQt] Re: PyQt app not showing help and about box - 2 files [1/1]

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Thu May 22 13:25:57 BST 2008

* Phil Thompson (Thu, 22 May 2008 11:28:03 +0100)
> On Thursday 22 May 2008 11:09:30 am Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> > I've got a rather weird issue with an application. The program used to
> > work fine but I did not test it for about six months.
> >
> > Now (maybe not connected) after updating to PyQt 4.4 I can't
> > see the help and about box in this app on Linux (PyQt 4.4.0) while on
> > Windows (PyQt 4.4.2) everything is still perfect as before.
> >
> > There are only three actions in this application: exit, help and about.
> > exit works on Linux but help and about not.
> >
> > What can I do to troubleshoot the issue? I've reverted to a previous
> > version that doesn't use a ui file and this works fine on Linux.
> >
> > I don't get any errors.

> > Both versions work under Windows but only the one that does not use
> > the ui file on Linux.
>
> Both versions worked fine for me with PyQt 4.4.2 on Linux.

Okay, so I can wait for this version for Gentoo and if that doesn't help
then it's maybe something not PyQt related.

By the way: the fonts in Linux look worse in the native Qt app (.py)
than when compiled on Windows with Pyinstaller and run on Linux with
Wine (.exe). So much for the standard ugly Linux fonts.

Thorsten