[PyQt] Problem building PyQt 4.4 on Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Romuald Riem rriem at free.fr
Wed May 14 20:03:27 BST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to build and install PyQt 4.4 on Mac os 10.4.11.
I use Python 2.5 and Qt 4.4 (GPL version). I installed PyQt 4.3.3
without any problem.

I use default values (and the link to qmake) with configure.py

The only strange thing at this step is this message:
QtDesigner module disabled with universal binaries.

Make ended after a while with this messages:
g++ -headerpad_max_install_names -bundle -F/Library/Frameworks -
framework Python -arch ppc -arch i386 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/
MacOSX10.4u.sdk -o QtHelp.so sipQtHelpcmodule.o sipQtHelpQMap.o
sipQtHelpQList.o sipQtHelpQHelpSearchResultWidget.o
sipQtHelpQHelpSearchQueryWidget.o sipQtHelpQHelpSearchEngine.o
sipQtHelpQHelpSearchQuery.o sipQtHelpQHelpIndexWidget.o
sipQtHelpQHelpIndexModel.o sipQtHelpQHelpEngineCore.o
sipQtHelpQHelpEngine.o sipQtHelpQHelpContentWidget.o
sipQtHelpQHelpContentModel.o sipQtHelpQHelpContentItem.o -F/Library/
Frameworks -L/Library/Frameworks -framework QtHelp -lQtCLucene -
framework QtSql -framework QtXml -framework QtGui -framework Carbon -
framework AppKit -framework QtCore -lz -lm -framework
ApplicationServices -framework QtGui -framework Carbon -framework
AppKit -framework QtCore -lz -lm -framework ApplicationServices -
framework QtCore -lz -lm -framework ApplicationServices
/usr/bin/ld: for architecture i386
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lQtCLucene
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
/usr/bin/ld: for architecture ppc
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lQtCLucene
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//cc49FS6U.out (No such file or
directory)
make[1]: *** [QtHelp.so] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

The PyQt-mac-gpl-4.4.1-snapshot-20080513 gaves the same results.

Can somebody help me to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Romuald Riem