[PyQt] configuring pykde4, error

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed May 14 18:58:37 BST 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 10:27, Darren Dale wrote:
> I am working on compiling pykde4-4.0.2-1. I have installed qt-4.4_rc1 (I
> know the final version is out, gentoo hasnt included it yet in their
> package manager) sip-4.7.5, qscintilla-2.2, and PyQt4-4.4.
>
> When I run configure.py, I get an error:
>
> Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> sip: sip/kdecore/typedefs.sip:263: %MappedType template for this type has
> already been defined
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
>
> Has anyone been able to build PyKDE-4.0.2-1 with the most recent
> sip/QScintilla/Qt/PyQt4 environment? Is there a PyKDE-4.0.3 available?
> (kubuntu lists it in their package manager, but I havent been able to find
> the sources.)

I have my development machine on a different project at the moment, so I can't
check this explicitly, but the likely problem is that PyQt4 has added a
definition for a template type that wasn't provided previously.

The fix would be to comment out (/* .. */, not Python comment) the entire
%MappedType block begining at the line indicated (including any preceding
template annotation) in sip/kdecore/typedefs.sip.

Jim