[PyQt] Updated PyQt Release Plans

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Fri May 2 16:07:58 BST 2008

On Friday 02 May 2008, Henning Schröder wrote:
> H!
>
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Phil Thompson
>
> <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
> >  The current snapshot has been updated for the final Qt v4.4. I need to
> > finish the new support for QMetaObject.invokeMethod() and expect to
> > release PyQt v4.4 in a week or two.
>
> That's really great :) I am only wondering if the current Q_ARG
> behaviour is intendend that way (see example below).

No, but I haven't finished the implementation yet, never mind the debugging.

> Besides is it possible to invoke a method which returns an unwrapped
> C++ object? Getting an QObject would be ok, because I could use
> invokeMethod on that object too.

It should be by the time I've finished.

> I am asking because I am working as a GSoC project[1] on a Python
> plug-in in a C++ application. Currently I have my own invokeMethod
> implementation and I would love to get rid of it because it would
> greatly simplify the code and removes build dependencies on sip.
>
> BTW: Is there any reason why QObject.staticMetaObject() is not available?

That should be easy to add as it is already accessible internally from the
Python object.

I'm working off the various emails you have sent over the last few months so I
may ask you a few questions over the next week as you seem to have specific
use cases.