[PyQt] PyKDE4-4.0.2-1 release available

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Sun Mar 30 23:16:24 BST 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008 19:50:04 Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Friday 21 March 2008 11:24, Danny Pansters wrote:
> > I've been trying to get this to build on FreeBSD, but the build fails
> > with both gcc34 and gcc42:
>
> Sorry for the slow response - my email to Phil got delayed by a screwup in
> my mail system.
>
> Phil noticed that the methods in the error output all involved mode_t and
> time_t.  PyKDE4 typedefs those as uint and long respectively in
> sip/kdecore/typedefs.sip. If FreeBSD is 2038-safe, then time_t is probably
> 64 bit.
>
> Would you be able to find the correct types for FreeBSD, fix typedefs.sip,
> and try a rebuild/recompile (you'll need to rebuild kdecore and kio at a
> minimum)?
>
> Let me know if that works. If it does, I'll figure out a permanent fix.
>
> Jim

Just to follow up and recap some private mails to the mailing list (-archive)
because it may be of interest for folks using "other" OS's: yes, some or most
of the typedefs at the top of typedefs.sip may need to be patched (see your
qplatformdefs.h) for your OS.

This is probably mostly interesting for people who are porting or packaging
PyKDE4.

Cheers,

Dan