[PyQt] Working with os.popen and qprogressdialog

JMiahMan jmiahman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 23:21:05 GMT 2008

Andreas Pakulat-2 wrote:

> Thats because while you run your process the event loop is not run and
> thus no painting updates are being done. I suggest to take a look at
> QProcess as that one sends the output in an asynchronous way and thus
> allows the event loop to update the paintings.
>
> Andreas

I apologize I have no clue what you're saying It sounds kinda like a RTFM
response. I've taken a look at the Qprocess class (and the QT Class page in
general) but being very new at this and programming in general I understand
just about as much as what you said above. Being I (and most of the rest of
the world) learn from examples I've checked through all the examples and
code I can find and found now one truly addresses this but there always
seems to be an issue and someone saying it doesn't work. It would be nice if
there was a simple example to learn from and I guess that's really what I'm
asking for, I guess it may even be something that's not possible to do with
PyQt. Thank you for your response though I just need something more detailed
as I'm quite a noob.