[PyQt] Re: Problems building PyKDE4

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Mar 8 16:50:29 GMT 2008

On Saturday 08 March 2008 07:06, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> trying to compile PyKDE4 yields in an error, that ksycocafactory.h cannot
> be found. I checked all rpm packages for openSUSE 10.3 and none contains
> this file. What am I doing wrong.

It's some bug in the way the tarball gets built - I'll track it down and
release a new tarball.

In the meantime, you can do the following:

1. Under the top level directory (PyKDE4-4.0.0), create a directory 'extra'
2. Under extra/, create two directories 'kde400' and 'kde401'.
3. In each of extra/kde400 and extra/kde401, copy both of the attached files
kicontheme.h and ksycocafactory.h

ksyscocafactory.h isn't normally installed by KDE but is required by some
downstream classes - you can find it in the kdelibs source tarball.
kicontheme.h has two small edits that have been necessary since KDE2.

Thanks for the info - let me know if you find any other bugs.

Jim