[PyQt] RAD with PyQt?

johnf jfabiani at yolo.com
Thu Jun 12 14:42:12 BST 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 08:56:58 am Aaron Digulla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering: Is there a Rapid Application Development framework to
> quickly write apps with PyQt?
>
> Specifically, I'm looking for these features:
>
> - Connect model fields (properties) to UI elements (for example,
> string fields to text editors or to combo boxes).
> - Connect a python list to a QListView including the standard editor
> (add, move up/down, delete) including a mapper to convert the objects
> in the list strings for display in the view.
> - Same for QTableView (this time, the converter must return strings
> per column).
> - Quickly assemble UI views from basic building blocks (like
> master/detail views).
> - Automatic undo support (including moving of the focus)
>
> These are all standard plumbing; yet, I haven't seen or heard of a
> framework that supports these basic tasks so I can concentrate on the
> app logic.
>
> Regards,
I'm involved with an Open Source project called Dabo 'www.dabodev.com'.
Currently, it is using wxPython for the UI.  But it was designed to use any
UI package provided the correct wrappers are written.   But it does
everything you are asking for and more.  I'm not trying to convert anyone -
just trying to encourage others to write the the required wrappers.   I like
QT and it would wonderful if I could use QT along with Dabo.

--
John Fabiani