[PyQt] Possible bug in handling '-visual TrueColor' option

Neal Holtz nholtz at cee.carleton.ca
Wed Jun 11 02:21:49 BST 2008

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 5:20:05 pm Benno Dielmann wrote:
> I think it's an X11 problem. Take a look at the comments to this blog entry:
>
> http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2006/10/argb-windows.html
>
> Other people have the same issues with the c++ version.
>
> By the way, I tried the argb.py you attached in one of your previous mails and
> I don't get these errors.

Odd.

Actually, I'm not convinced that its 100% repeatable for me either.
I just went back to the original C++ versions (both the above
mentioned and the one in
  http://labs.trolltech.com/page/Graphics/Examples/Examples1
-- they seem to be identical except for comments), and I now get
behaviour identical to my Python versions.  Particularly the

X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Extension:    157 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode: 4 (RenderCreatePicture)
  Resource id:  0x188

at the start.  I don't remember getting that 3 or 4 days ago when
I first tried it.  Oh well, I can't be sure, now ...

neal

--
Neal Holtz                            http://cee.carleton.ca/~nholtz
Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering     Carleton University
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6.              nholtz at cee.carleton.ca
Key: http://cee.carleton.ca/~nholtz/pubkey.asc