[PyQt] Wrap C++ QWidget Subclass for use in PyQt4

Tyler Distad tyler.distad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:38:12 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Kovid Goyal <kovid at kovidgoyal.net> wrote:
> That's because PhotoFlow tries to only load a few images (to the left and right
> of the current image) at a time. You can do the same thing in the pictureflow
> widget in calibre by sub classing  the FlowImages class which represents an
> abstract data model. Indeed, calibre uses that class to load images on demand
> from a database.
>
> Kovid.

I assumed as much, but when comparing the two codebases side by side,
the more recent pictureflow code (copyrighted in 2008) fit my overall
needs better. And I was hoping to not have to reinvent any wheels,
since Ariya Hidayat's PhotoFlow code already handled all of that.

Regardless, it's become a moot point now, because I contacted Ariya
yesterday to inquire about SIP bindings. He was unable to help me, but
he asked a co-worker to see what he could do. The end result is that
the latest version of pictureflow now has PyQt bindings, available
from either the Pictureflow Subversion repository trunk or from
http://github.com/ariya/pictureflow/tree/master

Thanks for all your help, Kovid. Digging through the code that you
provided helped me learn more about SIP.

Tyler Distad