[PyQt] QSqlRelationTableModel question

Scott Frankel frankel at circlesfx.com
Mon Jul 14 18:47:12 BST 2008

On Jul 14, 2008, at 8:02 AM, simone wrote:

> Scott Frankel ha scritto:
>
>> I've seen the subclassed model's internal select statement, using
>> model.selectStatement().  I'm hoping to not have to re-implement
>> that mess by hand in a hundred custom queries ;)
>
> Have you tried, by the setQuery() method, to set up the select
> statement like what you need?

Yes, that's what I was hoping to avoid.

model.select() --> 2 words
model.setQuery(...)  -->  ~50+ words depending on the tables accessed,
with a commensurate increase in opportunity for error.

Of course, if there's no way to implement the "ONLY" keyword using the
convenience functions, I'll have to draft my own queries.

Thanks
Scott

> --
> Simone