[PyQt] How to create a "Hide list"-Button in QT Designer?

Sven Grunewaldt strayer at olle-orks.org
Fri Jul 11 16:46:34 BST 2008

Hi,

For easier explanation I uploaded a screen shot of the UI:
http://olle-orks.org/images/dev/katzen/entwurf.jpg

As you can see there is a list on the left, containing all the elements
that can be viewed in the "Image appears here"-Label.
Now I want this list to be optional. Normally there is a tiny left arrow
button next to the item that can be hidden. For example, see the Opera
Toolbar:
http://www.gomeler.com/pic/Articles/Opera%209,%20another%20choice/OperaBitTorrent2.jpg
(hidden in this screen shot on the left side)

Is it possible to create something like this easier than completely
programming it by hand? I thought about a ToolBar, but they can only
contain Actions and nothing else :(

And another thing that doesn't have anything to do with this problem...
But it is in my head for a long time already.. ;)
Is it possible to insert items like a progress bar in the StatusBar
within the QT Designer?

Regards,
Sven Grunewaldt