[PyQt] Deploying PyQt4 application

sole at esrf.fr sole at esrf.fr
Sat Jan 26 07:50:35 GMT 2008

Quoting Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com>:

> Rémy HUBSCHER wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As I told you, I need to deploy my PyQt4 application on Windows and Mac
> > OS X.
> > I worked with Py2Exe using this Tutorial :
> > http://py2exe.org/index.cgi/Py2exeAndPyQt
> >
> > For Py2App, everything seams to work, but, PyQt4 is not looking for the
> > Qt4 framework in the bundle.
> > How can I change that ?
> >
> > I someone who deployed a PyQt4 application on Mac OS X and who could
> > help me please ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Natim
>
> py2app support for PyQt broke when PyQt4 was released. I recently
> submitted a couple of patches to address this, based on code snippets
> floating around on mailing lists.
>
> You'll need to update to the svn trunk version of py2app:
>
> http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/
>
> Give that a try.

I faced the same problem. You get the bundle but afterwards the libraries are
not found. Since I am not a MacOS expert, the only workaround I found was to
create a fireup up script with Platypus. In that script I was positioning the
library path. You can get my application at sourceforge.net/projects/pymca and
see what I mean. The startup script is inside the bundle. If you have problems
with it, I can give you more information on Monday.

Armando