[PyQt] konsoleFactory::className()

D.H.J. Takken d.h.j.takken at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 21 07:21:42 GMT 2008

Op Saturday 12 January 2008 04:33:37 schreef Jim Bublitz:
> On Friday 11 January 2008 15:41, D.H.J. Takken wrote:

> > > You can try editing configure.py. Find any reference assigning a value
> > > to 'opt_konsolepart' and set it to False.
> >
> > The command "cat configure.py | grep konsole" gives me:
> >
> >         makefile.extra_libs.append ("konsolepart")
> >         target  = os.path.join (opt_kdelibdir, "kde3",
> > "libkonsolepart.so") symlink = os.path.join (opt_kdelibdir,
> > "libkonsolepart.so")
> >
> > No trace of anything called opt_konsolepart...
>
> OK - apparently the update (-x switch) never got uploaded - my fault. What
> you have should be identical to PyKDE 3.16.0 from riverbankcomputing.com.
>
> In configure.py:
>
> Try commenting out the "if extra_lib ..." block that contains the first
> line above ("makefile.extra_libs ...", around line 733), then locate the
> "if kde_version ..." block that contains the second two lines above, and
> comment out the entire if block. (around line 765)
>
> That should eliminate all of the konsolePart modifications to the Makefile
> without affecting anything else..
>
> IIRC the problem arose because of changes in distributions after adding the
> konsolePart support that had been requested. If it doesn't build with your
> distribution, there isn't any (simple) way to provide konsolePart support,
> which you probably won't miss anyway.

Ok, I have been trying to get PyKDE to work again, adapting configure.py
accorting to your directions. Unfortunately:

Testing PyKDE module imports

Modules built:
  dcop kdecore kdefx kdeui kio kresources kabc kutils kfile kparts khtml
kspell kdeprint kmdi

Importing:

dcop
kdecore
kdefx
kdeui
kio
kresources
kabc
kutils
kfile
kparts
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "importTest.py", line 20, in ?
    exec ("import " + mod)
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/kparts.so: undefined symbol:
_ZNK14konsoleFactory9classNameEv

I attached the modified configure.py, could you please have a look at it to
see what else might be wrong?

Thanks!

Dik